Become an Employer
STEP-UP Achieve not only changes young lives but can also help your business in countless ways. Interns can increase your organization's productivity, energy and diversity, providing rich payback for your investments of time and training. In our recent survey of STEP-UP Achieve employers, 95% reported that their intern made a valuable contribution to the workplace.
Hiring STEP-UP Achieve interns can
- Bring fresh ideas, energy and creativity to your workplace
- Increase diversity in your company and industry
- Deliver extra help for office projects at minimal cost
- Provide opportunities for employee growth through the experience of supervising interns
- Offer the satisfaction of transforming a young life and giving back to our community. STEP-UP Achieve serves populations that face the greatest barriers to employment, particularly low income young people, youth of color and recent immigrant youth. These young people are the future of our City!
How does the STEP-UP Achieve program work?
- STEP-UP Achieve employers provide 6-10 weeks of paid employment at the cost of $7.25 or more per hour. Summer, fall and spring internships are available.
- All interns receive work readiness training certified by the Minneapolis Regional Chamber of Commerce before starting their placements.
- Interns are matched with jobs based on their interests and skills and the needs of the employer. Our staff work closely with you to match the skills and interests of our interns with your organization’s specific needs.
- Interns are interviewed and hired by their employer.
- Summer interns work at their summer job from mid-June to mid-August and earn at least $7.25 per hour. STEP-UP Achieve internships are also available in the spring and fall.
- STEP-UP Achieve staff work closely with interns and employers to provide support and ensure success.
It’s easy to set up a job placement with STEP-UP Achieve! Learn more in our new STEP-UP brochure or STEP-UP Achieve Employer Toolkit or contact STEP-UP Achieve Director Jeremiah Brown at 612-455-1562 or firstname.lastname@example.org