Career & College Centers
Our Career & College Centers (CCCs) in MPS high schools help young people make their life dreams and career and college aspirations become reality. They offer the personal attention and strategic guidance that all students need to make a plan for success after graduation -- whether that means college, technical training, work or other opportunities.
CCCs are staffed by professional AchieveMpls coordinators who are trained in the key elements of college and career readiness. Many are licensed school counselors. Our coordinators provide resources for all students, as well as targeted support for those who need extra help exploring careers or navigating the college process. They also track individual student progress to ensure that all graduating seniors have a plan for life after high school.
All CCCs offer
- My Life Plan activities and assessments
- Career Fairs with local professionals
- College fairs, tours and recruiter visits
- ACT test preparation
- College application assistance
- FAFSA, financial and scholarship assistance
- Resume writing, job interview, financial literacy and other professional skills workshops