Attention Minneapolis Public Schools licensed staff! Are you looking for classroom grants for the 2019-20 school year?
AchieveMpls manages several funds that support MPS staff and classrooms, including Assistance League of Minneapolis/St. Paul Links to Learning classroom grants, which support innovation and help educators launch new projects.
Teachers, guidance counselors, social workers and others who require a license to carry out their work with students (Pre-K through 12th grade) are eligible to apply for up to $750 for projects to be implemented during this school year. Here are just some of the projects that recently received funding:
- Healthy cooking classes for students and their families
- Bicycle safety, repair and outings for students who have challenges with emotional regulation and behavior
- Resource books for English as a Second Language History Day project
- Daniya Drum and Dance Group workshops and performance with students for African American Family Involvement Day
- Student voice and community-building project with pregnant and parenting teens
- Student work with a mural artist to create large collaborative school murals
For more information, contact Angel Jennings at 612-455-1560.