Our 2016-17 Season is kicking off on September 19!
We're kicking off our 2016-17 season of EDTalks with a discussion on demographic data - how the demographics of Minnesota and the metro area have changed over time, and what these changes mean for our communities and our classrooms. Join us to network before the program, grab some appetizers to enjoy during the presentations, and participate in our Q&A!
Don't miss this evening of great EDTalks and conversation with Ruth Hamberg, Engagement Specialist for Minnesota Compass and KaYing Yang, Policy Director at the Coalition for Asian American Leaders in St. Paul. Our emcee for the evening is Javier Morillo.
EDTalks is a lively series of networking and education events that engages young professionals in public education issues in the Twin Cities. Each program features two compelling 20-minute presentations by cutting-edge educators, youth advocates, journalists, artists and others, along with ample time for conversation and networking.
EDTalks is generously sponsored by grants from
For more information, contact Rachel at 612.455.1559 or email@example.com.
- September 2016: Who is Minnesota + Who Are We Talking About? The Importance of Disaggregating Data
- April 2016: Critical Race Theory: Fact vs. Feeling + Towards a Critical Theory of Blackness in the K-12 Classroom
- February 2016: Looking Through a Window at School Lunches + Early Childhood & Brain Development
- November 2015: A Little Girl Growing Up in the Segregated South + STAND Against Discrimination
- September 2015: Students Lead in Anti-Racist Classrooms + Knowing Where We Come From Determines Where We're Going
- January 2015: Engaging Somali Youth + The Power of a Second Chance
- October 2014: Honoring the Teacher and Learner in All of Us
- August 2014: Raising Black Boys to Succeed: An Intimate Conversation with the Parent Filmmakers of American Promise
- April 2014: Why Art Matters for Urban Youth + Discovering the Power of Self
- January 2014: The Invisible Child + The Perseverance Process
- September 2013: EDTalks Special Edition on Creativity, Innovation and Education
- July 2013: Getting Rid of Adolescence + The Impact of Spoken Word
- April 2013: Restorative Justice + A Reporter's Take on Education
- February 2013: Baby Brains + Unschooling Kids
- October 2012: KidBlog and Immigrant Students Navigating College